Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
This visa is for skilled workers from outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who live and work in Australia. It has three streams.
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years and their employer wants to offer them a permanent position.
- The Direct Entry stream is for people who have never, or only briefly, worked in the Australian labour market.
- The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by a employer through a labour or regional migration agreement.
People can apply for this visa if they:
- have been nominated by an approved Australian employer
- are less than 50 years of age
- meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements